Asbestos Packings & Gasket Maintenance Worker
- 4 hours
- Continuing Education: 0.4 CEU
OSHA (29 CFR 1926.1101(g)(9), (g)(10) and k(9)) requires that persons removing asphaltic pipeline wrap must receive training. However, the rule is nonspecific about the amount of training required.
The Institute's course has been used by persons in two states to meet the OSHA and corporate safety requirements for proper removal, handling, and disposal of this important industrial material.
- Institute manual for managing intact asbestos-containing packings and gaskets
- Training completion certification
- Classroom lecture and discussion on requirements for managing intact asbestos-containing packings and gaskets, including proper disposal.
- Hands-on training in the management of these materials.