OSHA Lead in Construction Worker
- 1 Full Day
- Continuing Education: 0.8 CEU
Lead-based paints are still widely found in industry, especially on steel structures. In addition, construction workers also encounter lead in sheet form and as a potential hazard during cleanup of abandoned industrial sites.
This course is designed to teach workers how to work with lead safely and how to use appropriate hygiene practices and personal protective equipment to protect themselves and their families. It also introduces them to the OSHA lead in construction standard and describes their rights and responsibilities under that standard.
- Institute course manual
- Classroom training
- HUD Field Guide of methods for working with lead-based paint
- Hazards of lead and lead-based paint
- OSHA and EPA requirements for working with lead and lead-bearing wastes
- Procedures for working safely with lead-based paint
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for various types of construction work disturbing lead and lead-based paints