Asbestos Flooring Removal Supervisor
- 1.5 Full Days
- Continuing Education: 1.2 CEU
OSHA (29 CFR 1926.1101(k)(2)) requires that all resilient floor covering (such as asphalt tile, vinyl tile, asphalt sheet flooring, or vinyl sheet flooring) installed prior to January 1, 1981, must be presumed to be an asbestos-containing material (ACM) unless the facility owner or employer has the flooring analyzed to show that it is not ACM.
OSHA (29 CFR 1926.1101(k)(9)) requires that removal of all known or presumed ACM resilient floor covering be conducted under the supervision of a trained competent person. Furthermore, the work must be done according to the methods established by the Resilient Floor Covering Institute (RFCI) or by equivalent methods. The required course is a minimum of 12 hours in length and must include hands-on training in the RFCI methods.
- The Institute training manual.
- The RFCI manual for the removal of floor tile.
- The basics of asbestos, including its source, uses, physical properties, and health hazards
- Hands-on experience in removing resilient floor covering
- OSHA, EPA, and state requirements for managing resilient floor covering, including the generated wastes
- Proper methods (including the RFCI procedures) for working with asbestos-containing materials.
- We only offer this training as customized training.
- Persons wishing this training can take our 16-hour Asbestos Operations and Maintenance Worker Initial training. It includes all elements of this training plus it allows persons completing the training to conduct small operations and maintenance projects (up to 3 linear feet on pipes or 3 square feet on other surfaces).
- OSHA requires that persons completing this training have annual refresher training; our 4-hour Asbestos Operations and Maintenance Worker refresher training meets this requirement.